ExpireDate and ReleaseDate null

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hi there. I've been using this excellent API with no problems, however, it appears that the node ReleaseDate and ExpireDate always come through as their minimum value. All other parameters come through fine. I looked into the uREST source but could not work out why they would come through null. Any ideas?

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Hey,

I've just had a look and I'm not sure why that would be myself. If you have a look in uREST.CMS.Extensions.DocumentExtensions.ToResource you'll see all I do is proxy the value found on the Document entity, so if my value is wrong, it must be because the value from the Document itself is wrong. To fix that then would require digging into the Umbraco source code, which would be a little time consuming and may not immediately get fixed if it requires a mod to the core.

I'll see if I can find some time to have a quick look into the core, but I'm pretty busy at the moment.

I'll keep you posted.

Matt

On 30 August 2012 00:02, sutekh <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi there. I've been using this excellent API with no problems, however, it appears that the node ReleaseDate and ExpireDate always come through as their minimum value. All other parameters come through fine. I looked into the uREST source but could not work out why they would come through null. Any ideas?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (urest4umb@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email urest4umb@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hey matt, I'd appreciate that. It is indeed pretty strange. I looked through your source and noticed you were proxying the value from the API.

I read something about a bug in 4.7.1 here that involved "publishAt". Not sure if this would affect uREST. My Umbraco install itself is 4.8.
Simon
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Hmmm,

I'm wondering if we are just using these dates wrong. Maybe they are just used for publishAt / unpublishAt so their value is always empty because scheduled publishing is never used. Maybe try setting the scheduled publish fields and see if this changes the values.

If that is the case, it might be that I need to add some other fields for createdData / modifiedData.

Matt

On 30 August 2012 08:24, sutekh <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey matt, I'd appreciate that. It is indeed pretty strange. I looked through your source and noticed you were proxying the value from the API.

I read something about a bug in 4.7.1 here that involved "publishAt". Not sure if this would affect uREST. My Umbraco install itself is 4.8.

Simon

On 30 August 2012 17:05, mattbrailsford <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey,

I've just had a look and I'm not sure why that would be myself. If you have a look in uREST.CMS.Extensions.DocumentExtensions.ToResource you'll see all I do is proxy the value found on the Document entity, so if my value is wrong, it must be because the value from the Document itself is wrong. To fix that then would require digging into the Umbraco source code, which would be a little time consuming and may not immediately get fixed if it requires a mod to the core.

I'll see if I can find some time to have a quick look into the core, but I'm pretty busy at the moment.

I'll keep you posted.

Matt

Hi there. I've been using this excellent API with no problems, however, it appears that the node ReleaseDate and ExpireDate always come through as their minimum value. All other parameters come through fine. I looked into the uREST source but could not work out why they would come through null. Any ideas?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (urest4umb@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email urest4umb@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hi Matt,

I've tried setting and reading the ExpireDate and ReleaseDate but it doesn't seem to affect the fields Publish At and Remove At like I would expect, in either direction. I always get the JS equivilent of DateTime.MinValue when I request it, and setting it appears to do nothing - even if I have set the value in Umbraco already.
S.
Sep 20, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Hi Matt,

Do you have a good email to contact you on? We've fixed a few bugs in the source and added a couple of additions I'd like to show you.

Simon

On 30 August 2012 17:35, Simon Miller <simon@nondivine.com> wrote:
Hi Matt,

I've tried setting and reading the ExpireDate and ReleaseDate but it doesn't seem to affect the fields Publish At and Remove At like I would expect, in either direction. I always get the JS equivilent of DateTime.MinValue when I request it, and setting it appears to do nothing - even if I have set the value in Umbraco already.

S.

On 30 August 2012 17:30, mattbrailsford <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hmmm,

I'm wondering if we are just using these dates wrong. Maybe they are just used for publishAt / unpublishAt so their value is always empty because scheduled publishing is never used. Maybe try setting the scheduled publish fields and see if this changes the values.

If that is the case, it might be that I need to add some other fields for createdData / modifiedData.

Matt

On 30 August 2012 08:24, sutekh <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Simon

On 30 August 2012 17:05, mattbrailsford <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey,

I'll keep you posted.

Matt

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com